Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Sorbet


Summer is coming!
When I think of summer I think of sorbet (sherbet for some?)

Allright, lets get it cracking.

After 5 and a half weeks, it's time for a new design.



In the video I start off by sanitizing and pushing back the cuticles.
She has much cuticles growth so I cut that off.

With an electric drill and a coarse drill bit, I drilled off the old design.
Being careful because a coarse drill bit is very sharp.

After that I went over it with a 100/180 file (used 180) to smooth out any bumps and also to remove the shine from natural nails. And I also reshaped and shortened the nails.

With IBD prep and a lint free wipe, I took away any left over dust and that also dehydrates.
With IBD natural nail primer, I primed the nails.

With IBD builder gel clear and a gel brush, I brushed on a thin coat and let that cure for 2 minutes.
On the free edge, I brush on a thin coat of IBD builder gel clear and start patting on the neon yellow glitter.
Then I pat on hot pink and formed a smile line, letting that cure for 2 minutes.
Camera made the colors less vibrant, and dull looking.
(pictures are true color)

Then I brushed on a thin coat of IBD builder gel clear and started filling up the nail with strings of gel.
Letting that cure for 3 minutes to make sure everything is hardened.
It is important to do each nail separately (one nails, cure, other nail, cure,...)
Or else the gel will run off.

When all 10 are done, I removed the tacky layer with none acetone and a lint free wipe.
With the soft side of a 100/180 file I file the sidewalls and free edge.
I did a stamp on ringfinger and thumb.
With a final coat of gel (only on ringfinger and thumb) I seal in the design, letting that cure for 2-3 minutes. 
I normally would have used regular nailpolish to seal in the design, but this person comes in contact with erosive products from time to time.
Removed tacky layer, applied topcoat and cuticle oil.
Took some pictures and I'm done.




5 comments:

  1. I luv this combo :) super pretty :) where do u purchase the glitter? How much do u charge for full set and fill of gel nails? Great work and thnx for the tutorial and instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you do an amazing job. Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you do an amazing job. Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brand is the stamper n plates you have? I love the one tutorial with the bowtie stamp on the neon bright poisinous princess nails, iv been serching ebay (addicted to the nail products:) ) and dont no if I found the right one? Help please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Do you wait for the primer to become completely dry before you go ahead and put on the clear?
    I use Natural Nail Primer also, and it seems to take forever to dry...am I just possibly applying too much?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete